ELKA International Ltd. (hereinafter “ELKA” or “we”) values your privacy. In compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter “GDPR” or “the GDPR”), we have deployed the necessary technical safeguards to protect your privacy and give this notice to explain how we collect, process, transfer, retain, and use your personal data.
- Who We Are ELKA is a leading cable manufacturer based in Taiwan. You can learn more about us at About Us, through our Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Youtube. ELKA is the data controller of personal data you disclosed to us.
- The Personal Data We Collect, Our Purpose of Processing, and the Legal Basis We Rely on. The personal data we collect from you can be categorized as follows:
- Voluntarily-disclosed personal data:
- When you request for fee quotes or other information about us through this website, we will collect and process your personal data, including but not limited to: your name, the name of your company, IP address, Cookies, your email, and telephone number (collectively, the “Business Contact Information”). In reliance of the legal basis of “contract” under Art. 6 of GDPR, we will use these Business Contact Information to respond to your inquiry and related correspondences for any potential business engagement.
- When you subscribe to our newsletter through our website, we will collect and process your name and email in order to send you the newsletter and our marketing communications upon the legal basis of your consent and our legitimate interest of marketing under Art. 6 of GDPR.
- Personal Data We Collect Automatically:
- When you visit our website, we will automatically collect certain information from your device based on the legal basis of legitimate interest of analyzing the user habits. Specifically, we deploy Google Analysis codes on our website. These automatically-collected data includes: our webpage you browse, duration you spent on such pages, and the date of your visit. We use this information to plan for technical improvements to our website.
- Who We Share Your Personal Data With
We may disclose your personal data to the following recipients:
- Our third party service providers (e.g., Mailchimp for sending the newsletter on our behalf), our data processing service partners (e.g., to support the delivery of, provide functionality on, or help to enhance the security of, our website), and/or parties who process your personal data for purposes that are specifically communicated to you at the time of data collection.
- Any competent law enforcement body, regulatory body, government agency, court, or other third party who we believe disclosure is necessary: (i) as required by the applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish, or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- A potential buyer in connection with any proposed purchase, merger, or acquisition of any part of our business, as well as any professionals retained for the aforesaid engagement (e.g., the agent, the accountant, or any other professionals). Disclosures made in this context will be used only for the related purpose giving rise to the need for disclosure; and
- Any other party with whom you consent to the disclosure.
- International Data Transfer
Since we are based in Taiwan, and third party service providers are located in countries outside of the EU, your personal data, as set forth above, will be transmitted to Taiwan, as well as other countries outside of the EU, for purposes mentioned above. Even though Taiwan and the other countries where your personal data will be transmitted have different requirements on the protection of your personal data, ELKA has required our service providers to comply with the GDPR and offer you the equivalent protection under the GDPR. Moreover, In order to safeguard your privacy, the international data transmission has been encrypted with the most updated technology.
- Security And Retention of Your Personal Data
We use appropriate technical measures to protect your personal data and adopt the appropriate level of security relative to the risk of processing your personal data.
We only retain your personal data if the purpose and/or legal basis for processing continue to exist. Below please find details about our retention policy:
- For personal data collected for the purpose of engaging in –or performance of- contracts, we will retain it for the longer of: (i) when we still hold interests in such engagement or performance, or (ii) where we are required to retain such data to comply with applicable laws, such as tax codes or accounting requirements.
- For personal data collected for the purpose of sending you the newsletter and marketing communications, we will retain it until you unsubscribe through our website.
- For personal data collected from third parties, we will retain it for a period of time you explicitly consented, or otherwise for a period of time reasonable to process your personal data in accordance with the legal basis giving rise to the need to collect, receive, or process such personal data.
- Your Right
As the data subject, you are free to give or withhold your consent to our collection and/or processing of your personal data. Absent your consent, we will not be able to inform you of the most updated information about our products and/or our marketing information.
You have the following data protection rights and may exercise them by contacting us at our regular business hours:
- You may access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal data.
- You can object to processing of your personal data, ask us to restrict processing of your personal data, or request portability of your personal data.
- You have the right to opt-out of the newsletter and/or any other marketing communications from us at any time. You can exercise this right by unsubscribing at our website.
- For any personal data collected based on your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
- You can request deletion of your personal data. However, there may exist legitimate grounds and/or justifiable causes for why we cannot delete your personal data.
- You have the right to complain to data protection authorities about our collection, retention, and/or use of your personal data.
If you have any questions or wish to learn more about our privacy practices, please feel free to contact us at:
ELKA Legal Department
Address: 8F, No.131, Tatung Rd. Sec. 2, Hsichih Dist., New Taipei City, Taiwan 22183 R.O.C.